I'm looking like an escaped panda on the loose this morning. I couldn't sleep much last night in mounting anticipation of my flight this week to USA. In fact, I spent the better half of the night thinking about how I'm going to spend my time with Louis and worrying that all the good mood will lulled me to eat indiscrimately and KABOOM! Before you know it, I'm way over the recommended weight increase range for my 2nd trimester, along with with bloated face, arms and legs!
Well... I know they say that expectant mothers should eat to their heart's content and not worry about putting on weight. Frankly, I don't subscribed to the belief that you need to look fat and bloated in order that baby will come out chubby and cute. In fact, there's little corelation in mother's weight gain versus baby's and I much rather subscribe to the belief that there's no need to look frumpy with pregnancy. Fine! I may not look my best, but at least I don't want that to be the period when I looked my worst *cringing*
But I digress...that's not the topic I wanna focused on in this posting :)
Finally, my last weekend in Singapore has arrived and passed. I am so looking forward to being in Houston come next weekend. The week of 17 Nov 06, where I depart for Houston to join Louis is now only 4 days away!!!
I've started packing my luggage a week ago, but on Sunday night, I categorically placed all the clothes that I wouldn't need to wear for this week but intended to bring overseas into the luggage. As much as I say that I have not much clothes to bring, items have a way of creeping up on you. Before you know it, my luggage is almost full. Now, I'm wondering how am I going to lift the luggage from the carousal in LAX and haul it to the transfer baggage for the Houston leg of the trip?!?!
Well... I know they say that expectant mothers should eat to their heart's content and not worry about putting on weight. Frankly, I don't subscribed to the belief that you need to look fat and bloated in order that baby will come out chubby and cute. In fact, there's little corelation in mother's weight gain versus baby's and I much rather subscribe to the belief that there's no need to look frumpy with pregnancy. Fine! I may not look my best, but at least I don't want that to be the period when I looked my worst *cringing*
But I digress...that's not the topic I wanna focused on in this posting :)
Finally, my last weekend in Singapore has arrived and passed. I am so looking forward to being in Houston come next weekend. The week of 17 Nov 06, where I depart for Houston to join Louis is now only 4 days away!!!
I've started packing my luggage a week ago, but on Sunday night, I categorically placed all the clothes that I wouldn't need to wear for this week but intended to bring overseas into the luggage. As much as I say that I have not much clothes to bring, items have a way of creeping up on you. Before you know it, my luggage is almost full. Now, I'm wondering how am I going to lift the luggage from the carousal in LAX and haul it to the transfer baggage for the Houston leg of the trip?!?!

Monday morning, I called up SQ to check for travel advisory to the US and also to find out if there could be porter services available for expectant moms. Well... as the leg that I needed help was in LAX and SQ relied on ground agents there, the SQ person I spoke to told me that she would note my request in the system. I don't have much faith that a porter would be there to help haul my luggage, but one can always hope for the best. Or... play the helpless and inapt expectant mom and hope some kind soul would take pity on me and exhibit some chivalry (I think I would need to stuff some pillow underneath my clothes seeing that my swelling tum-tum looked more like that of a 2-3 month expectant mother than one already at the start of her 5th month).
Nonetheless, one more day down is one more day nearer to the date that I see Louis after 1 month of separation. It felt like eternity to me.
Well, if you have read Louis' earlier blog, you would note his excitement. In fact, he's just bought rice and rice-cooker over the weekend in anticipation of my arrival. He kept asking me if he should stock up the fridge with some food in case I get hungry on the night that I arrive. Hahaha...I think he's going to be one of those fathers who will maintain a brave front for the kid, but behind the scenes, he would anxiously peep and looked surreptiously all around to make sure nothing untowards come to the kid.
Anyways, the countdown for now is 3 more working days for me, and off I go for Houston. Darling, Baby and I would be there soon!
Tick tick tick tick tick.....


1 comment:
Yo Eve,
Wow...your nothing to packed is deceiving...; P
Seem like quite a heavy load...u must be careful.
cheers,
astee
Post a Comment