yes, the fridge is getting well-stocked in anticipation of Eve coming over here. It is getting therapeutic to just go to the grocery store to get the food stuffs. :)
After a later dinner tonight (again at Hong Kong Food Street), I went to the Fiesta grocery store on Bellaire - like most stores on Bellaire - I had noticed that Bellaire had a number of Chinese groceries. However, it was closing (close to 11pm) and the store-owner kindly told me that there was another Fiesta just down the street on Bellaire that closed only at midnight. Off I went and to my surprise, it was actually quite a nice store.
Fiesta is an international grocery store that stocks well, international grocery. It is a Houston area store I believe. Well the store I went to was really quite international - under the UK counter, it had the PG Tips that Eve loves, and there were italian, greek, kosher food etc Quite a good international assortment. And of course, there was CHinese. I bought oyster sauce, sesame oil and soy sauce this time round. I had thought to leave the rice till later - after all, we will need to buy a rice-cooker first, and almost every grocery store I've been to - even non-Asian ones have "Asian" rice (Calrose, for example, which is Californian grown rice).
I get intrigued each time I visit a new store and it is becoming like my mini-excursions on the weekends. It's quite fun and relaxing really - just to window shop in the hope of finding a gem - like being surprised that they sell PG Tips here. Or finding Cherry Noir yaourt.
Back to home - when I heard about what Eve said about Anthea at the airport, it reminded me that she's really a grown-up girl now. It's nice to see how she has become more mature, though I know she still is a kid at heart. More heartening, I heard that about how she and Anders have been conversing with each other - literally having a conversation. I think it just shows that the kids have all come of age. :) I do miss the simple things like family dinners and going out for Sunday lunches after badminton in Singapore - but it's all a matter of perspective and as with everything in our lives, I know that such things makes us cherish those moments even more.
Well, time will fly. As Eve said, we're both counting down to the days when she gets on the plane - I'd be the happiest guy around in Houston then :)

