There's a world of difference in travelling business class on a flight and I guess that's why you pay the premium for it. The direct SQ 38 SIN-LAX flight was an experience and a thoroughly good start for my trip to the Houston.
Of course, service had to be personable and impeccable. I was addressed as "Mrs Tan" thoroughout the flight and constant attention to ensure that I was served with drinks, snacks and meal. Dinner and breakfast on board the flight was like a degustation menu in a restaurant. By the time the entree came along, I was too filled up to eat much. And the air stewardess noted that I didn't eat much of my main course for dinner and breakfast and was very kind to offer to exchange or bring me something else altogether. Hmmm... had better not get use to such high living... while its a good experience, one's certainly going to compare when you take the economy class in future. But, I'm glad and proud to say that our domestic airline is worthy of its global standing for services, especially when I compare it to the so-called First Class cabin service on the domestic flight from L.A. to Houston :)
Perhaps I was so looking forward to the cool/cold weather, but I was a little disappointed when I stepped out of Tom Bradley Airport to walk to Terminal 6 for the domestic flight. Even in a thin, short sleeve blouse, it feel like a 26 degree celsius room temperature. Not the cold, crisp weather that I had thought.
Louis went to the car rental company to change the car. This was his 2nd time he changed the car. The day before, in anticipation of my arrival, they had changed their 2-door Mitsubishi Eclipse for a 4-door Jeep. However, he changed it again on Fri evening as he thought the car was a little high, being a SUV and swapped it for a white Pontiac 4-door sedan.
Thankfully at the Houston airport, Louis could enter into the baggage pick up area and after picking my luggage, we headed to the Magnolia Hotel, Houston. The hotel is nice. The interior decor looks like that of a boutique hotel, kind of similar to a M or W Hotel. The lobby has got a nice and big Christmas tree, along with a nice burning fireplace. Our suite room was nice and cozy too.
This hubby of mine had really stocked up on all the condiments. For all his good intentions, I was highly amused to see that he's put the cooking and olive oil both in the fridge, along with the soya sauce, oysters sauce and all. Hahaha... that's the hubby I know who would leave his clothes lying around the entire room when I'm not around. Thankfully, I arrived to a spick and span room.
After showering and a quick bite since dinner on board the flight to Houston was crap, we hit the bed at around 2 am in the morning, waking up only at 10 am that morning. Thank goodness Louis set the alarm for 10 am, else, I think we would have slept till noon. And we were supposed to go to San Marcos, an outlet mall en route to Harish's place in Austin.
More about our trip to Austin in the next posting...



