Sunday, November 05, 2006

All wrapped up








I've wanted to do this for some time, but never had time till now. Eve has warned me that she will "pick on me" (and not "pick up after me" - her own words) if I continue to leave my walk-in wadrobe in disarray when she comes. Since she wouldn't get a chance to see how messy it really is, I thought I should give her a glance of this before I clear it up next week :) As you can see, the empty boxes on the floor used to be the containers for my loose laundry and the plastic wraps were the protective sheets for my ironed shirts. Given that I send in laundry almost every other day, you can imagine how many empty boxes and plastic sheets I have in that room now :)
Weather in Houston has been a little cool - not as chilly as in France this time of the year, but certainly one needs a light jacket to go around. I've also started switching on the heater in the bedroom as well as the living room. When I first turned on the heaters, I somehow set off the smoke detectors in the rooms - fortunately, the heaters work just fine now.
Just came back from dinner in this place called Hong Kong Street Cafe - next to Sinh Sinh. The food here is definitely more to my liking and less oily than Sinh Sinh. You can tell the food is quite authentic as they even had cut-green chili when I requested it. I had a plate of seafood 'san mee' for about US$9. Not too bad. I think Eve will like it here too, as they have more congee dishes. They also have steamed fishes, though I am not sure if they are fresh. And oh yes, when they came to ask if I wanted tea, they asked if I wanted chrysantemum, kor po or xiang pian - so that immediately made me think that this was truly as close as one can get to Cantonese food. :)

No comments:

The little family

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers