Tuesday, October 31, 2006

More Asian Food

Went to two more Asian eating places for dinner over the weekend. One was a place called Cafe Malay - a place that touts itself as a Singaporean cum Malaysian eating place. It was actually quite authentic - just that the veggies were too fibrous for my liking - the satay was quite good though - I could taste the tumeric - and it reminded me of the satays that Eve did in INSEAD for the Asian National Week.


The other place I went was Sinh Sinh - a Chinese restaurant in Bellaire. It was a nice, down-to-earth place and I had char siew noodles. The only was, the food was a little salty - next time, I'd tell them not to put too much salt :)


The highlight of the weekend must be my visit to Krogers - a grocery store. As usual I was amazed by the amount of variety of practically everything. And the beef cuts looked really good - there were porter steaks, beef rounds, sirloin and strip loins. Reminds me of the poleron de bouef in the Fontainebleau market.


The little family

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers