Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Nightly Singing Routine

Now, a friend has been whinning to me about how our postings do not allow for people to comment. He said too that its not just him, but he's stepping forward to echo the views of many who had wanted to comment on some of our postings but couldn't. Between you and me, I think he's just using others as an excuse.

So, I've finally made some changes to my blog settings to automatically allow all postings to be commented. We shall see if that friend of ours really would comment ;)

Louis, Baby and I have kind of settled into this nightly routine. I noticed that Baby makes more movements around midnight, Houston time. Probably Baby moves about in the day, but usually around that time of the night, Louis and I would be preparing to call it a day, so perhaps, Baby's movements were more pronounced or obvious to us. Well... to get back to our little routine, Louis would place his hands over my belly and croon to Baby the song "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". And moments after, Baby would respond with a few little kicks. Louis would talk to Baby a little more (which Baby responds again with a few more movements), kiss Baby goodnight before we hit the lights off.

Let me tell you a little secret :) Louis appears to know the lyrics to a great number of songs. I've got to admit that he surprises me sometimes with the repetoir of song lyrics that he knows. Then, there's a number of songs that he actually doesn't know the lyrics, but he exhibits some amount of creativity and aplomb to make up the lyrics as he goes along. And becos he's so confident singing them, you would think he knows the lyrics (that is if you don't know the lyrics yourself). Hahahah... I say this becos he was trying to sing more songs other than "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" to Baby with "Mary Had a Little Lamb". And while the last sentence of the song lyric totally escaped me, I was quite sure it wasn't quite the right lyrics either.

Baby, you've got a daddy who is creative in his singing. But most importantly, he loves you a great deal and would be the most dotting, loving and sweetest dad that any kid could ask for!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! I also have been waiting for this function:-)

I agree that Louis will make loving and sweetest dad...and baby will have the sweetest and most lovely mom as well.
:)

globeexplorer said...

Wow, what a great suggestion from your friend! I think everyone has been waiting for this function. Pls thank him on my behalf.....

On Louis singing wrong lyrics, I think its not sth new....... vaguely remembered he did it before :-)

But I certainly do agree that both will make good parents. I definitely can imagine Louis to dote on the kid.... but he prob will be the kan cheong (but loving) type. As for Eve, she will be equally loving and will give the kid the best food available, training him to be a future food critic. :-)

Louis & Eve said...

hi guys, thanks. I'd make sure I'd convey your thanks to my good friend. One question though globeexplorer - how do you know Baby is a "him" :)

The little family

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers