It was good to talk to family this weekend. Terence, mum, dad and Cherry were at Tanah Merah Country Club (I think) this weekend. Anthea was also there.
Mum and dad seemed to have a good time in Australia. Dad talked about his studies there and also their visit to the vineyards. When I spoke to Anthea, I realised she was really speaking like an adult - but in some ways she still had the child in her. Of course, she started by saying how she was (once again) enjoying life. When I told her that I had heard how Ye Ye already bought her two Barbies, and that we needn't buy her anymore, she was quick to ask for her Barbie dolls again :)
It is close to X'mas and as much as we'd have wanted to spend X'mas with family, a call like this reminds one that sometimes it is also the heart that counts, and not just being physically present. It looks like the family is really travelling quite a bit with Terence also planning to take holidays in London in late Jan. Given that, it looks like our major reunion will be in early Feb, when Terence comes back. If everything goes well, I'd be back in late Jan. This Chinese New Year will certainly be one that we will treasure more :)


No comments:
Post a Comment