Friday, December 01, 2006

A Colder Houston

Overnight, Texas weather has taken a dip to a temperature of about 8 Degrees Celsius today. I've heard over the news that Dallas (north of Houston) is expecting a winter storm. For the first time since my arrival, the hotel windows are frosted over, the ground outside is wet and people are walking around town, huddled in thicker outer jackets. The cold front is going to stay with us at least till this weekend, based on what I can see of the weather forecast for the next few days.

I think the sensations that I had thought all along were uterus contractions (aka Braxton Hicks contraction) might just be Baby's movements afterall. Becos after Louis sang to Baby last night in bed, I could suddenly feel a little movement/kick inside of me. When Louis placed his hands over my stomach, Baby kicked again. We were both enthralled and excited at the same time :) Baby is responding to us!

Louis ended work late last night as his client and consulting manager (CM) were in town for a few days. I met them at a nearby pub for a drink. Angela, his client, was really nice... she was all excited and sharing with us stories about her 2 pregnancies. Even though her boys are now 15 and 12 yrs old, she could still remember how they were when she was expecting them.

Tonight, I'm making beef bulgogi for dinner. I've marinated the beef and its now sitting in the fridge, absorbing all the flavours. It might not be a bad idea to eat in seeing that the weather has turned colder. Yoonmi, my Korean friend has taught me to try marinating the beef with sliced pears as substitutes for sugar. Hmmm... I can't wait to try the beef tonight *slurp* :)



I'm glad that the nausea is gone and I'm able to go back to cooking again. And its worth every effort to see Louis enjoying and appreciating the home cooked food. That said, I am looking forward to the day that I'll be able to cook for Baby too. There's nothing that gives the cook the greatest satisfaction than to see enjoyment on the faces of the people around the dinning table. And in Baby's case... a toothless grin :)

The little family

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers