Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Weather, Pregnancy & Food

After 1 1/2 weeks of the cold, Houston's weather has reverted back to the normal, with daily high averages around 22C. And that means that we can again go out in t-shirts. Yippee to gorgeous weather again!

Since entering my 6 months of pregnancy, there seems to be changes in my body that I have not much control of. On Mon, I had wind in my stomach that affected my appetite. Today, my appetite seemed to be back, although I'm steering clear of cold beverages, just in case. But dang! Now, my fingers seemed to be slightly swollen. Wonder if its water retention? So now, I've got to make sure I don't take too salty food and drink lots of fluid in the hope that the water retention will go away. Actually, I'm not sure if drinking lots of fluid helps, but so far, that seems to curb a lot of things. No harm trying :)

Hmmm... today, I was watching this Food Network channel and the chef Giada was making a simple pizza bread to go along with a seafood stew. Now, the recipe for the pizza bread seemed really easy that I wanted to quickly jot this down so that I could try it when I'm back in Singapore, perhaps with soups :)

What she did was to use a ready-made pizza dough (from the supermarket) or make one from scratch. Roll it out, prick the base with a fork, drizzle with olive oil and then sprinkle fresh herbs over it. She used thyme as it went well with her seafood stew, but I guess it could be substituted with rosemary and even olives, making it kinda like a focaccia bread. Pop that into the oven for about 15 minutes and out it came looking Yum *Slurp*! Can't wait to try it. If anyone out there try, do let me know how it goes.

That's all for today, folks. Over and out!

2 comments:

therens said...

hi

drinking lots of fluid doesn't relieve water retention. it's a hormonal thing, can't be solved by controlling your liquid intake. if any consolation at all, 95% of all pregnant women suffer from it. the remainder 5% are blessed, very very blessed.

Louis & Eve said...

Then, I shall fervently pray that I'm in hte 5% category of very very blessed women *fingers crossed* ;)

The little family

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers