Monday, March 31, 2008

Long nights ahead...

Louis is in camp for 2 weeks of reservist. For the non-Singaporeans friends out there, all male Singapore citizens are conscripted to do compulsory military service (or what is known as national service here) for 2 years somewhere between the age of 16-21 years old. After the 2 years of military service, depending on their rank and specific battle units, they would be required to return to the army for up to a total of 3 weeks on a yearly basis for some mock-battle retraining. Anyways, I could be erroneous in my explanation. For better clarity, check out the link to Wikipidia under the word "national service" above.

Usually, when he's around or working late, I would be pottering around the house, becoming a couch potato or just tinkering around and surfing the net. In fact, he would be grumbling at times that I'm so engrossed in what I'm doing that I neglect to spend whatever precious time with him :)

Today, he's gone into camp and all of a sudden, I find myself bored, lonely and wondering what should I do to occupy my time now that Faith is sleeping. Surfing the net, watching TV and pottering around the house doesn't seem as captivating as they were before. I miss my hubby terribly and he's gone for less than a day.

Wait a second... the phone's ringing...

Two minutes later...

Louis called. He's got good news, he's coming home to sleep although it would mean that he's got to wake up at some ungodly hour (in my opinion) in order to drive back to camp tomorrow morning. But yay!!!

I've gotta go now and prepare some pizza. Hubby is a little hungry -- see... lousy camp food makes him appreciate me and my cooking all the more. Am going to make him some pizza with some saucisson sec from Carrefour -- one of his favourite snack.

2 comments:

Aces Family said...

Yo,

These days, the camp food are not that lousy cos now they are catered by SFI and some other caterers...; )

My DH has been eating and still eating them..haha.

2 weeks will pass very fast!

cheers,
astee

Louis & Eve said...

Hahaha...

Actually, he told me last night that they had prawn noodles for dinner. Sounds yummy to me and how bad can a prawn noodle taste. Unfortunately, he didn't have time to eat :)

The little family

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers