Its terrible, but I'm supposed to have posted a piece about our trip to Beijing but I've been procrastinating about it for the longest time. Probably becos the trip was a little of a disaster and I didn't take that many pictures.
Still, this post isn't about our Beijing trip. Its about this little gem of a search engine dedicated to searching recipes from food bloggers all over the world. Isn't it cool!
So, if you're now looking at my blog, you will noticed that there's this Food Blog Search icon and a search bar on the left panel, just below the little section about Louis and Eve's blog.
I came across the search bar while reading from Simply Recipes and Food Blog. The originator of Simply Recipes, as I know it, is one of the "founder" of this Food Blog Search and the function is able to search some 1,900 sites of food bloggers.
I've extracted an introduction about the Food Blog Search from their website below:
"Food blogs are a wonderful source of recipes, stories, and opinions about food. These blogs are the labors of love of countless people from around the world who are so passionate about what they cook and eat they spend hours photographing and writing about it. Food bloggers usually give much more information and personal touches to what they write about than commercial cooking or recipe sites. Search for a recipe among food blogs and you'll often be delighted by the hidden jewels you uncover.
Food Blog Search is a custom built search engine specifically for searching food blogs. It uses Google technology, through the Google Custom Search Engine program. Started in October 2006, Food Blog Search now searches over a thousand hand-selected, high quality food blogs. More and more food blogs are added to the list of sites searched every day."
Hope you will find it useful. Recently, I've gotten it in my mind to make baby back ribs and have used Food Blog Search to find me 2 recipes that I've shortlisted, one of which is from local boy, Chubby Hubby. Will make it sometime this week or next and hopefully get to blog about it.
Happy Searching!


No comments:
Post a Comment