Thursday, March 20, 2008

Kids say the darnest thing :)


If you'd read my SIL's blog, you would know that we celebrated my nephew, Anders' birthday on Sunday, one day after Faith's birthday celebration. Faith's and Anders' birthday are one day apart. Anders' birthday is on the 22nd Mar, while Faith's is on the 23rd. Coincidentally, Faith's original due date was supposed to be 10 Apr, which was one day after my niece, Anthea's birthday. Either ways, it worked out that her birthday was just one day after one of her cousins :)

Anyways, we had a nice meal at Zhou's Kitchen and Anders had a big 2kg birthday cake in the shape of some truck or tractor. He had been so excited about his birthday presents, knowing that he's getting 2 Transformers toys from us and his Uncle Terence/Cherry Jie Jie. According to Adrian, he's been asking and nagging about his birthday present since the week before his birthday.

My daughter did something that day to Anders that made extremely proud of her. Just as Anders was standing next to her baby chair, she suddenly pulled his shirt to drag him nearer to her and gave him a hug! All by herself, without any prodding from us. Which goes to show how much her little mind is absorbing like a sponge on the daily happenings and things around her.

After we sang Anders his birthday song and cut his cake, we were all happily tucking into the chocolate cake when Anders suddenly said aloud to me, "Aunty Eve, don't let Faith mei-mei eat my cake". That remark left both his parents feeling a little astounded and they were both asking him why not? Besides, I had already been feeding Faith a wee bit of the cake too.

So, I told my little nephew, "But you ate Faith mei-mei's birthday cake yesterday, right? Why can't she eat yours today?" However, Anders refused to explain any further despite a little more prodding from his parents.

Later, after he had opened both his presents, admired and showed them off to everybody, I had the chance to ask him more closely as he was showing his presents to me. At just that moment, a sudden thought came to my mind...

"Anders, why didn't you want mei-mei to eat your cake? Was it because she didn't sing you a birthday song?"

He solemnly nodded his head. Hahahah....he was a littled miffed that everybody sing his birthday song while Faith didn't :)

And so, I explained to him that Faith is still too young and can't really speak at all. She couldn't even call me. However, the fact that she had earlier hugged him was probably her way of wishing him a happy birthday without being about to say it outright. He nodded his head gravely at what I said, but I'm not exactly sure if he understood completely what I was telling him :)

It just so funny how innocent kids are with their actions and words, doing and saying what comes to mind.

Tomorrow, the ACES family are going to Brisbane for a holiday. I just read my SIL's blog that Anders had been having fever and she's not sure if she would need to cancel the trip. I hope Anders' fever is nothing serious and that the entire family would be able to go on the trip as planned tomorrow. Anders would be able to celebrate his 4th birthday overseas for the very first time :)
PS: This is a backlogged post as I had been busy with Faith for the last few afternoons since my mom has been feeling a little under the weather :) I actually have a number of backlogged posts that I really need to clear :)

No comments:

The little family

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers