
..."All the better to eat you!"
Remember Little Red Riding Hood and the scene when she was supposedly visiting her grandma but the wolf had eaten her grandma, dressed itself into the latter's nightgown and was in bed waiting to pounce on Little Red Riding Hood?
Well, I don't mean to imply that my daughter's a wolf in disguise, but really, don't you think she's got such very BIG upper front teeth?
Ever since the two of her upper front teeth appeared, my mom and I have been commenting about how big they were, especially in proportion to the lower front teeth. Each one of her upper tooth is equivalent to the size of TWO of her lower front teeth combined. I'm not imagining things becos just yesterday, both my MIL and SIL were commenting on their size :) And I hope everyone's correct and that when the teeth finally grow to their right size, the gap in between her upper front teeth would close up.
And I'm glad to report too that yet another tooth has been cut and is slowly growing right next to her left front teeth. Yay!
On a side note, I've once seen on a Japan television cooking programme where the cook/chef commented that children these days tend to have smaller teeth as their parents cut and minced their food to small, bite size portions, hence, requiring less chewing. At that time, I was thinking how true it was.
Now, looking at Faith's teeth, I'm not sure if she's really correct. I mean, she's got only all of 4 and a half teeth and so far, I've ensured that most of her food is soft as she's got this bad habit of not gumming her food but swallowing them most of the time, resulting in some nerve-racking gagging incidences when I tried to introduce different textures to her. So, I don't really know why she's gotten such big front teeth to start off with. I seriously hope tooth development is not genetic cos I'm not exactly enamoured of my two "bugs bunny" teeth, as my parents used to call it.
Well, the last thing I wanted to say is this... I've been looking back at some of my past 1-2 months postings and realised that I've not blogged much about Faith nor her development milestones. In exactly 2 weeks time, Faith's going to turn one and so far, she's been learning and doing so many interesting things that I ought to, want to and should post about but becos of pure laziness and inertia, have not gotten down to doing. I want to keep those memories alive and go through these postings over and over again and reminisce about how my little baby has grown.
So, I'm going to dedicate most of this week and next blogging about her growth and sharing some of the things about her that has made both Louis and I the proud, happy, sappy, nerve-racked, anxious parents we are :)
Stay tune!


No comments:
Post a Comment