Mentioned the word "antibiotics" to me these days and a sense of dread would overcome me. Especially when it means either Faith or I would be the one having to take antibiotics. As I've mentioned before, Faith is rather sensitive towards antibiotics as they cause her to have loose stools and a raw backside if the diapers are not changed quick enough.
Yesterday, she pooped a total of seven (7) times, inclusive of her normal poop and some loose stools. This is marks the highest record for her so far. And she's not even the one on antibiotics. I am. Or I was until yesterday morning.
I had a bout of dry cough nearly 2 weeks ago, which turned into a slightly chesty one, along with runny nose and a sore throat last Thursday. In a bid to recover quickly from the cold, lest I pass it on to Faith, I went to the clinic and was prescribed antibiotics.
It was the same antibiotics that I took a few months back and I remembered that Faith didn't have any averse reaction to it. Plus, it was safe to consume while I am still breastfeeding.
Perhaps it is a combination of diarrhea from teething and a reaction to antibiotics, passed through the breastmilk. Towards the late evening, her backside started turning red and by night, it had turned into a big angry red patch.
Thankfully, it didn't seem to hurt as much as previous times, when Faith was the one on the course of antibiotics. Regardless, I decide to stop eating them, even though I'm supposed to finish the course and its only been 3 days since I've started.
This morning, the angry red patch has subsided in both size and degree of redness. Thank goodness for small favours :) I wonder if she would grow out of it as she gets older. For her sake, I certainly hope so. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that.


No comments:
Post a Comment