Saturday, March 29, 2008

Faith goes to Little Gym


A number of our friends have sent their little ones to the likes of Little Gym and Gymboree around the age of 6 months and have been telling us good things about it. Call it laziness on our part or just that we are a little "bo-chap", but it was only recently that we finally decided to snap out of our inertia and bring Faith for a lesson.

Two weeks before, Louis and I made efforts to check out the facilities at both places. Both of us had a stronger preference for Little Gym. Partly becos the kids looked like they were having fun with the teachers during lessons and that Little Gym's playroom was all covered with foam/rubber mattresses and there weren't any exposed sharp edges or wooden/metal parts. Some quick poll of a few friends pointed out that all of them signed their kids up for Little Gym for one reason or another too. That sounded promising.

We decided to take a trial lesson with Little Gym first. All our prior interactions with them have been good. The staff that I had spoken to were knowledgeable, patient and cheerful about answering all our questions. They were also quite "religious" about calling up a day before to remind about the trial lesson too :) Had to postpone our initial trial lesson once almost a few hours before the lesson started, but they were so helpful and even offered to rescheduled it immediately on the spot.

And thus, Faith had her first trial lesson today. Louis and I thought she did pretty well and the lesson was great, even though she bawled once when we tried to ask her to do a somersault. Overall, she did quite a bit of crawling, climbing and dangling. Other than the incident when she cried, she seemed to be alright and had some bit of fun with the rest of the activities. I think she especially like the end of the class when the teacher blew water bubbles for them to catch and burst. That night, she was all tuckered out. Here's a video of her at one of the activities.



Louis and I decided to sign up for 7 lessons after the class. So, starting next Thursday, I'll be bringing Faith for her Little Gym classes :) I'm rather looking forward to it too :)

No comments:

The little family

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers