The 2 As were of course excited when they came to the hotel in the late afternoon. Apart from playing with Faith, they were also over the moon about swimming at the hotel pool. I think kids generally love staying in hotels. The same night, we went out to celebrate FIL's birthday with dinner at the Prima's Revolving restaurant near to Harbour Front.The highlight of the weekend was Saturday's lunch. Louis and I had lunch at Li Bai's, the chinese restaurant at Sheraton. We ordered mainly dim sums with the usuals like prawn dumplings, chicken feet and pork ribs. What's unique was their turnip cake, stir-fried with XO sauce and bean sprouts. Louis loved the pork ribs as the meat was relatively lean and yet soft. The same could be said for the chicken feet, which has melt in your mouth texture and a nice gelatine feel to the skin. Personally, I loved their soup best. It was double-boiled soup of chicken, mushroom and white fungus. But it was simple and yet tasty, and you know that its been cooked with fresh and abundant ingredients to draw out the natural flavours. Overall, Louis and I thought that the food at Li Bai's was very tasty and refine. In fact, I would deem it a tad better than our favourite restaurant at Orchard Hotel, Hua Ting.
On Saturday night, Louis and I decided impromptu to check out of the hotel earlier since he would be heading for his weekly badminton in the morning. As Faith is still too young to take a dip in the pool, the both of us would only be sleeping the morning away in the room before checking out. We thought it might be better to check out earlier and sleep in the comforts of our own home.


No comments:
Post a Comment