Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The first mother-daughter outing

It maybe seem unbelievable but up until now, I've never gone out with Faith alone. That's discounting any lone trips that I've made with her walking back and forth from between my MIL's flat and ours.

Thus, my daughter and I set another little milestone in our lives on Monday when we went "gallivanting" in Suntec City all by ourselves, while my mom took a well-deserved one week break from coming over to help me look after Faith.

Before having a kid, I've never had to worry over where I should and can go. But the thought of travelling in a cab to and back from the destination carrying a kid and a stroller in tow, added with the thought that I need to go somewhere with a nursing room so that I can feed her with some amount of privacy, I've decided to bring her to Suntec City. While there, I could have lunch at my favourite Vietnamese noodle place, as well as to parade my daughter in front of some office colleagues who have yet to see her.

Most of my colleagues "ooh and ahh" over her, as most people generally would over babies. The current count for whom Faith most resembles goes to my dear hubby, with only a mere handful saying that Faith looks like her mom.

Nonetheless, I think Faith enjoyed herself quite a bit, being the centre of attention, having many "aunties" talked to her and of course, being pushed around in her stroller. She was mostly well-behaved and happy except for times when she was hungry or when stationary in her stroller. Time flies when you're having fun. Before we knew it, it was 5 pm and nearly time for Louis to come pick us up to head home.

I felt that this trip out was a boost to my own confidence, knowing that I was able to handle her by myself. What perked me up was that I felt great seeing and talking to my colleagues/friends. You see... the thing about being a SAHM is that I'm mostly at home. So, going out and trying to resume some semblance of my life prior to motherhood was definitely a great mood enhancer -- its evil but I finally felt a bit like those rich tai-tais out having their hi-tea and enjoying themselves while the majority of folks were slaving away at work (BUT before any of you get your high horses up, let me declare that I'm not rich, neither was I having hi-tea ;)). Plus, I get to eat my favourite Pho Bo at Pho House. For that, I need to apologise and thank CC for being accommodating. I simply luuurve eating Pho Bo, and 90% of the time when I'm there in Suntec, that's what I want to eat and I'm sure some of my friends are sick of eating there with me all the time :) Hee hee...

Oh well... I'm really looking forward to my next trip out alone with Faith. Although when we do that, the both of us might be in another country, following Louis on his next assignment which would be coming up pretty soon.

4 comments:

alternative-mom said...

I took a while to go out with my daughter, too! But once the first step is done, it becomes easier! Have more fun! :)

evon said...

well done!
next destination.... compasspoint :)

jean said...

Well done, Eve! NExt time you will be more daring and more confident of yourself of what you can do with Faith... keep it up!

Louis & Eve said...

Yeah! Actually, I'm now very eager to bring her out... especially with the sweltering heat these days, going out to the malls would be great. Although I think its also easy to fall sick going in and out from one extreme temperature to another (hot outside and cold in the mall).

Evon: Definitely am going to go Compasspoint. Only thing is that we are flying to Beijing next Fri... so, might not have that much time in between packings and trip preparations :(

The little family

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers