Friday, June 15, 2007

I am so tired...

... from 2 nights of feeding marathon. I think - and hope - that Faith is just going through the usual growth spurt at 12 weeks. For the last 2 nights, my dear daughter has been waking up 3 times a night to drink, at about 2 hourly intervals. Last night, one of her feeding session lasted 1 hour. You would think that after drinking for so long, it would be able to last her through till the morning. But no... my dear daughter started squirming and kicking her sheets till it covers her face some 2-hour later for her next feeding. I was so tempted to drag the blanket over my head, ignore her squirmings and go back to sleep.

I'm praying that its a growth spurt that she's going through since such events only last only 2-3 days. She went through a feeding-spree during her 3rd week growth spurt. In the 6th week growth spurt, there wasn't any deviation from her normal feeding patterns. Her paedi told me that it is possible for infants to go through growth spurts without exhibiting any signs of increase appetite/hunger.

Here's keeping my fingers cross that by tomorrow, Faith would revert to her normal feeding pattern. Otherwise, this weekend, you would see a panda on the loose ;)

No comments:

The little family

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers