Sunday, June 17, 2007

Another stroller makes two

I used to wonder and felt that it was extravagant for a kid to have more than 1 stroller. When we bought our Mclaren stroller for Faith, we conceded that it was heavier and you need both hands to be able to open and close it. However, the plus point was that it was sturdy, easy to maneuver and came along with accessories for winter. All of these were considerations for us as we do not know which country Louis' assignments will bring us and in which season.

It had worked well for us so far. Except that I can't go out with Faith alone with a stroller. So now I understood why some parents have more than 1 stroller. With the consideration that this time, I need a stroller that I can open and close with one hand and that it has to be as light as possible, Louis and I and got ourselves our 2nd stroller. We settled on Combi as it was light and cheap (at S$188).

Faith seems to like her stroller for a few reasons. Firstly, the seat is more ventilated and comfortable for our tropical weather. Thus, Faith's back doesn't get too warm when she seats in there for long periods. Secondly, the stroller comes with a guardrail in the front. Hence, our little baby enjoys kicking her legs and occasionally, will prop her little feet on the guardrail.

So on Sunday, we rolled Faith in her new stroller as we went for dinner at the Metropole Herbal Restaurant at Clark Quay. It had some of the familiar dishes that we like from the old Imperial Herbal Restaurant at Metropole Hotel. However, we knew that the old Metropole Hotel restaurant had shifted to Vivo City, so, I'm uncertain if this Clark Quay outlet was spun off from old staff nor its relationship with the outlet at Vivo City. Nonetheless, I much prefer this restaurant at Clark Quay as the ambient was more soothing.
After dinner, we had a short stroll around and as usual, more photo-taking of our little babe. The ACES family were all fascinated with Faith and her weekly developments, especially the 2 little As. SIL was recounting to me about how Anthea and Anders would pretend to be parents to Faith, calling each other darlings and asking if they have changed her diapers on a daily basis :) Unfortunately, they also tend to squabble with each other, trying to get the best spot to play and talk to her at the dinner table too. I guess that's part of growing up. I only hope that when Faith grows older and can play with her cousins, she would not scream and yell when she doesn't get her way, which she's prone to at this stage :)

No comments:

The little family

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers