Thursday, January 04, 2007

Thanks for the memories

After two weeks, we've come to the end of our Europe holidays. To Ajay, Manisa, Paula, Ian, Meera, Arvind, Prasoon & Raji...thanks for everything!

As some of you know, for the remaining part of our UK stay, we had put up with Ajay, Manisa and Saniya in their very nice home beside the docks, smack in Canary Wharf. Every evening, when Saniya came back with Manisa, she'd be looking for her "eve auntie" and "louis uncle". I think all of us - Abijay included, were happy to see how happy she was. Saniya has grown a lot since Eve saw her in Fonty. She now speaks like an adult and has a mind of her own - what to wear, when to sleep, where to go, what to eat etc. Eve and I are simply looking forward to our next reunion to see how much Saniya has grown again.

Prasoon and Raji threw a small get-together at their newly-owned apartment. The food was fantastic - especially Raji's lemon rice. Prasoon also gave us a rendition of his "pipe" blowing - some instrument that he had brought from his days in Australia.

And it was so nice to meet Ian and Paula again. As Paula later told Eve, it was indeed nice that it seemed like we never left each other. Even though we've not met for a year and a half now, we could still talk about everything. And Paula cooked a fantastic meal of tapas - my favourite was the quiche that she home-made. Eve promised that she'd do it once we're back in Singapore.

As we make our way back to Houston, Eve and I are happy that even though we may not see the folks anytime soon, we are leaving knowing that we have friends for life, no matter where we are.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are very welcome!
What can I say? It was simply great to start the year all together!!! I will keep a very special place in my heart for you forever! Luv u, and wont say goodbye, I prefer "talk to you tomorrow or by the latest next week!". : )

The little family

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers