After a 2-month hiatus, I’ve finally touched down early morning in Singapore after a total flight time of nearly 21 hours. I’ve asked for a meeting service to help me offload my 3 pieces of luggage from the carousel since it wasn’t possible for me in my current stage to lift the 29kg bag on my own.
I was really eager to unload all the goodies, household items, clothes and bags that I’ve shopped and bought in the last 2 months. So, there I was, waiting and searching for the grey luggage and the 2 white Crate & Barrel boxes to slowly make its way to me.
Perhaps its divine intervention or bad luck, but after 15 minutes of waiting, it dawned on me that my luggage did not make their way through from Houston to Singapore after all. Verifying with the ground handling staff on hand, he confirmed that all luggage from SQ37 has been unloaded onto the carousel.
All that I had to bring home was what were in my tote bag, which comprises of a box of petite dejeuner biscuits and Fauchon pain d’epices. I was guided to the Lost & Found department to file a report so that the airline could help me track and trace where my luggage was. The service staff told me that they weren’t able to verify exactly where my luggage was but they would query both IAH and LAX to track it down and to call me within 24 hours to notify me of the status.
I was supposed to turn up for work the next day but I had all of 2 maternity pieces in the wardrobe at home as I had brought my nicer pieces to the US and they were now in the luggage that was lost, along with all the new maternity clothes that I had bought while in the US.
Some emergency shopping was in order for me to replenish the more critical items like my contact lenses, cosmetics, facial products and clothes. Dragging my jetlag body, I had to skittle all over town to get the items and also to make it in time for my gynae check up.
Thankfully, Baby has been doing well for the last 2 months, even though my weight gain has been on the lower end of the recommended scale. The gynae said that Baby should weight about 1 kg now and current size and proportions were in the normal range of a end of 6-month fetus.
I was kinda worried about my luggage, wondering if they would be able to track it at all and bring it back to me. Louis, ever the optimist, told me that it would arrived in due time and to look upon it as a blessing… perhaps neither my MIL nor I were supposed to manage all the luggage on our own and thus, some higher order up there decided that some intervention was needed.
Finally, at 10 pm that night, the Baggage section called me to inform that they have tracked down my luggage. Somehow, it was directed to Bangalore and they have tagged it to return to Singapore by the next day. What a relief!


1 comment:
Yo...good to hear that the baggage is found!!!
cheers,
astee
Post a Comment