It has been several days since we last posted. And today, I actually went through all the new blogs that came up on ACE's, Rachel and Eileen's and Nell's sites related to 2007. It seems like everyone had a wonderful start to the 2007 and it made me really happy that everyone is remembering to keep the blog posted. As a result, Eve and I have been able to keep updated with everyone. At the same time, I had mixed feelings that we aren't able to be in Singapore this time round to share the New Year with everyone back home.
Being an optimist, I am sure that in retrospect, this holiday of 2006 will be fondly remembered and treasured by Eve and myself. We are ever-convinced that life will be different when Baby arrives in April, and one of the things we will miss is our friends here in Europe and our memories here. Travelling for leisure will also be a thing of the past for us, at least in the near future. Unfortunately, there is always a trade-off that one has to make in life. Being in London also means not being home. And we are constantly reminded when we see the blogs that home is where the heart will always be.
In 2007, one of the biggest thing we're looking forward to is the welcoming of Baby into our family. Not only will Nicole, Anthea and Anders get a new cousin to play with, this also means that the Tan family will sit a family of 11 at future Chinese dinners. Myself, Eve and Baby (3), Adrian, Astee, Anthea and Anders(4), Terence and Cherry (2) mum, dad (2). Fortunately, with Baby still in a Baby Chair, I think we can still make a table of 10 comfortably.
2007 will be the year Eve and I join the league of parents with kids. From all I see, this is a more major jump than joinining the league of married couples from being boyfriends and girlfriends. The foundations however build on the latter. And for all the mistakes and lessons we know we will go through as parents, one thing is for sure - that Baby will be one more reason for Eve and I to bond even closer.
2006 was the year when Eve and I started blogging. We started it first as a means to keep in touch with each other. Then we blogged as a way to keep in touch with friends and family back in Singapore. In 2007, I hope that these reasons will change. Just simply because I hope to be back in Singapore if not all the time, at least, during the weekends. Under those circumstances, our blog will be used more to keep in touch with our friends overseas - friends like Yoonmi for example, whom I know tries to read this despite her busy schedule. Our hope is that because Eve and I will not get to travel as often, that these friends overseas can pass by Singapore when they can.
Our 2007 wishes are thus three-fold: that our small family unit of 3 learns the trials and tribulations of family life with as much love as Eve and I have built this family of 2; that our extended family will continue to be the picture of health and happiness; and that our network of friends globally will continue to be our constant reminders of how rich our lives have become from friendships beyond the family.


No comments:
Post a Comment