Sunday, January 14, 2007

Eve on her way home

Eve is enroute to Singapore as I am writing this.

It was with mixed feelings today that Eve went back to Singapore. Because of project delays, we weren't able to go back together. In addition, she had already taken two months of leave and we both felt bad about her extending it any further. And as importantly, we wanted to make sure that Eve and Baby got a thorough check-up after being away for two months.

Still, it is strange to come back to an empty hotel room. It seems a long while that we've been here in Houston and a long while since I've been alone here. As an optimist however, there is a positive side to things. Not only does Eve's going home mean that we are soon into the third tri-mester; it also means that I'd be soon on my way back to Singapore to reunite with everyone. Both are things which we've been eagerly looking forward to.

As if reading my moods, the weather has turned dark and it has been a little rainy this weekend. There are a number of people who checked into the hotel today because of a marathon tomorrow. Hope all goes well for them. As for me, I'd be waiting to hear from Eve as she touches down to Singapore. At the very least, she is on an SQ flight, so I'm quite reassured that she will be well taken care of.

No comments:

The little family

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers