Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Finally...a decent posting!

Its been many days since I've last blog and I felt as if something's missing now that I don't blog daily, as part of the routine that I've established during my 2 months hiatus from work. Wonder if that qualifies me as a avid blogger :)

Having Louis back home is a wonderful thing, albeit I still pick on him at times for some of his little endearing [read annoying on days when I'm being a grumpy grouch]habits of leaving trails of clothes and what-nots around the house. But then, as he is oft to remind me, I should be more appreciative him since he is fastidious about washing the laundry twice or thrice a week, fold the dried clothes, irons the clothes or basically making himself useful in the house. And indeed I do! My bark is just worst than my bite *grins*

We spent Fri night catching up with our close-knit group of friends, having dinner in a nice Japanese place along Quayside, call Bon Gout (which means good taste in French). And what a difference a couple of months had made to the Quayside area. We were all surprised at the number of new cafes and restaurants that sprouted out, some of which were restaurants that were recently reviewed by The Straits Times e.g. Brussel Sprouts. Dessert was at this Les Amis group chain called Canele, complete with a great tart au citron, mocha mousse, macaroons etc. Louis and I would like to bring the family here for dinner one day.

Weekends were spent catching up on grocery shoppings and other errands, in between catching up with different groups of friends. Having gotten use to the vast space and wide roads in the US, Louis felt a little claustrapobic in the narrow aisles of the new NTUC Xtra at AMK Hub.


Yoonmi, our Insead Korean friend, is in town for 3 weeks for training. Hence, we spent Sunday afternoon having a leisurely lunch and catching up on old times and of course, the latest updates on everyone else's life/work et al. And knowing that I do like a number of Korean dishes, Yoonmi hauled along some items from Korea like the pancake flour, bibimbap sauce, bulgogi meat wrap sauce and quintessential of Korean cuisine...kimchi. Lotsa lotsa kimchi. With my new goodies, I believe that I am now ready to kick-start my own little Korean Kitchen and whip out some [hopefully] sumptous Korean dishes.

An interesting bit of trivial for nursing moms is that in Korea, women during their confinement would drink a soup of beef with seaweed. Seaweed is touted to cleanse the blood and also increases milk flow for the breastfeeding mom. Now that sounds waaay better than the vinegar and ginger pig trotters soup that everyone has been telling me that I ABSOLUTELY MUST ingest to get rid of wind in the stomach post delivery.

Oh, did I forget to say that Louis ordered me a watering can pot of flowers to perk me up on the day that I returned to Singapore from Houston? Well... admittedly, Louis and I are not the most romantic of couples, but my hubby does surprises me occassionally, especially with lovely gestures like this. Like most females, I do love being on the receiving end of flowers. Thank you, darling.

1 comment:

Aces Family said...

Yes, small gesture but means so much !!

Well, hopefully these little acts will cont'd even when BB arrives.. : P

cheers,
astee

The little family

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers