Yesterday, I've heard over the Morning Express show on Class95 (a morning segment show on Singapore's #1 English Radio Station) that people who spend 15 minutes daily penning down something in their diaries would have better health. Since blogging is the new-age form of writing a diary, isn't it great that active bloggers now have one additional reason to rejoice :)
Unfortunately, now that I've started working, it takes more effort to post regularly on the blog since I would like some R&R time after work. Inevitably, R&R means that I become a couch potato or am in bed reading a book rather than to log onto the Internet.
As I enter into my 3rd trimester, I've noted that there are further changes to the body. Where I once was able to brisk walk everywhere, I now am walking a little slower simply becos I feel the weight of the stomach. Further, after prolong periods of standing or sitting, the stomach seems to weigh heavily and I feel that I need to hold my belly when I walk [which I resist and succumb only in the confines of my own house]. I'm hoping that this is an indication that Baby is growing well inside and that the strain I'm feeling is due to the weight of Baby. However, given the rate of growth, I think I will soon be waddling *cringe*
On the other hand, Baby is definitely more active in the stomach. Where I used to feel Baby's kicks mostly during periods when I'm resting, these days, I just seem to feel Baby move about in the stomach throughout the day. I've read that fetal movements would be more pronounced during the 20-28 weeks, after which, fetal's movements would be impeded by the amount of free space left within the uterus due to its growth.
Apart from a number of office colleagues who were suprised to note the size of my 7-mth pregnant belly (they didn't even know that I was 4 months along as I wasn't really showing when I left 2 months ago), I've had a few more encounters with strangers or vendors who were similarly amazed that I was so compact [read small] at 7 months. So far, those who have seen my belly have predicted that Baby would be a boy. Is Baby really a boy? I guess only time would tell :)
Thanks once again to technology, Louis is still able to croon to Baby nightly through the handsfree mode on my cellphone. In addition to "Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars", Louis has expanded the repetoir to include a French nursury rhyme called "Frere Jacques". Of course, being the ever "gan cheong" and protective father-to-be, he's asked that I do not put the cell phone too near to the belly in case there is radiation through to Baby.
According to my MIL and a few other sources, its not uncommon that most women would deliver 1-2 weeks earlier than their EDD. If that's the case, then, I might be due sometime in end Mar or early Apr.
In a way, I'm looking forward to Baby's arrival. Apart from the open fact that I would be stopping work after delivery, its that I've seen facets and glimpses of Louis effortlessly slipping into the role of a father figure. His eagerness to embrace fatherhood in the face of my own residual fears of motherhood's responsibilities both touched and humbled me.
To me, seeing Louis rejoice in his new role as a father and Baby's actual arrival would be my best present for the year of 2007.


No comments:
Post a Comment