Due to the holidays and festive season, our blog postings were mainly focused on our travel adventures and a little sadly, mere passing mentions about Baby's development.
The 2 months that I'm on leave have been good for Baby's development. Unless I plan to display significant portion of my bare and hang-out-there belly, not to mention the discomfort of feeling like I'm being squashed into a t-shirt that is one size too small, all the pre-maternity tops that I brought along were now relegated to the bottom of my luggage. Thank goodness for Gap Maternity. I've bought a number of affordable but nice outfits that should see me till delivery and post-delivery too.
And if my friend, Paula's weighing scale is telling the truth, then, I have gained about 5kg in the 2 months that I've been away. Which, coincidentally, is the total weight gain for my entire 6 months of pregnancy.
Today, Baby is now into the 7th month of development and I am at the start of my 3rd trimester of pregnancy. Whoppie! Three more months and we'll finally get to see how Baby will look like and the all important question -- whether Baby is a He or a She :)
Louis and I are having a lot of fun "communicating" to Baby and seeing some response to our requests. Louis' bedtime singing would usually result in a few good kicks from Baby that continues to thrill us to no end. And because Baby is growing, I can occassionally feel the taut stretching of my belly and protrusion of some parts of Baby.
Sometimes, it feels big and round and for all we know, it could well be Baby's head or butt. Unfortunately, Louis and myself are so clueless that no amount of touching could help us determine exactly which part of Baby's limbs were we feeling.
Just yesterday night, we could see Baby's movements through contortions underneath my skin where Baby moved for the very first time. Its kinda like if you wrap your hands under a blanket and move, you would see the movement and shape of your fisted hands.
In another 3 more days, Baby and I would be flying back home to Singapore. Louis however, still needed to stay back for another 2 more weeks before he could fly back. I'm sure Baby would miss the sound of Louis' nightly singing and the comfort of Daddy stroking him/her through my belly.
I've read in some books that some fathers feel a little lost and perhaps jealous of their unborn child for taking away some of the attention that they used to get from their wives. For Baby and me, the whole experience of this pregnancy was made more fulfilling, joyous, tender and at times, poignant with Louis being with me every step of the way.
From the ritual nightly singing or bedtime reading that we've established, to the constant urge to want to stroke Baby through my belly and the many moments of protectiveness that he has exhibited towards Baby's wellbeing, Louis is gearing up for fatherhood and eagerly anticipanting the time of Baby's arrival.
So, to my loving hubby, companion, best friend and soul mate, I just wanna say a big "Thank You" for being there for me every day of our lives together.


3 comments:
love you much darling :)
Yo!!
Indeed, this is part of pregnancy where you enjoyed most before BB arrives.
I must said that you guys are the 1st parents that i come across that are not anxious on Baby's gender...hee : P
Anyway, regardless BB is ger-ger or boi-boi, we look forward to loving BB the same... : )
cheers,
astee
Oohh... we are resisting the urge to find out about Baby's gender although it sometimes gets too tempting.
But since we've perserve and there's only 3 more months to go, we're just gritting our teeth ;)
Post a Comment