Friday, April 06, 2007

Our first night of rendevous

Last night, with the "blessing" of our confinement lady, Louis and I went out for dinner to spend whatever remaining "twosome" time that we have left while there is someone to help us take care of Faith. Ok, for those of you reading this, please do not let on to my mom that I "snucked" out during my confinement period or my mom will freak out!

Since I couldn't take sashimi or any raw/semi-raw stuff during the 9 months of pregnancy, the first thing I wanted to eat for dinner was Japanese. Like a prisoner that has been let out of jail, I devoured all the sashimi that I could eat, sans prawns, squids and octopus. I had sashimi salad, hamachi wafuu carpaccio (I think this is a new menu from Sushi Tei but the carpaccio was absolutely delicious *slurp*).

We both thought we could enjoy a little romantic get away with some time of our own to enjoy and relax before Faith was out. Boy did we underestimate how much Faith has gotten us wrapped around her teeny-weeny little fingers. Half an hour into our meal, I was surreptiously glancing at my watch every few minutes, thinking how much time I have before we need to make it back for Faith's next feed. Suddenly, Louis remarked that he missed Baby already. So, we both agreed that we should quickly finish our food and go home.

From the time that we stepped out of our house till the time we reached home, we only took 1 1/2 hours in all, including travelling and eating time. Our confinement lady was quite surprised at how soon we were back.

Its really amazing how a little bundle could really change our lives and make everything topsy-turvy. Then again, I guess that's parenthood and its a phase that majority of folks go through and yet still find it fulfilling.

2 comments:

Aces Family said...

Yo,

What a Rendevous... : P

Now that Faith is part of L&E family, LiFe will never be the same again..it will be more exciting.

Enjoy it all.

cheers,
aces

Louis & Eve said...

For now, life is unpredictable and the nights can be long... she was feeding every hour and still hungry last night! Louis and I were exhausted. Thankfully, the confinement lady is still around. The both of us would be in for a hard time when she's gone ;)

The little family

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers