Saturday, April 21, 2007

Faith says thanks!


Today is Faith's 1 month celebration. My mom was really excited about her first grandchild's 1-month celebration. In fact, Louis and I were pleasantly surprised by two of my mom's gestures, displaying hidden talents that I never knew my mom was capable off. The first was when she arrived the day before the celebration with a basket of roses that she arranged herself at the temple, along with a well-wishing card that she got the monk to write.

On the day itself, she even helped to make, mould and steam vegetarian "Ang Ku Kwehs" early in the morning before carting them over to my MIL's place where the celebration was held. The good thing was that most people liked the Ang Ku Kwehs and they were devoured by all the guests, with some requesting to bring home some extras as they liked it so much.

In keeping with various rituals (of which I was none the wiser without the guidance of our confinement lady), both Faith and I bathed with flowered water. I was told that bathing with flower water frequently would make women more appealing and beautiful. Hmmm... if one is hankering to hook a guy or have a romantic night with your better-halves, you could try this yeah :)

In events like this, the invariable question or responses from people who have seen Faith would be to comment on whether she looks like Louis or me. The responses to date have been mixed with an equal amount of people saying that she looks like either or a little of both of us. My mom was insistent that Faith looks like Louis.

Thankfully, Faith was on a somewhat good behaviour that day :) She drank when she was hungry and didn't make too much noise when she was passed around from arms to arms. She even deigned to open her eyes and look around a little, delighting the few who managed to see her with her eyes opened.

It feels like a significant milestone has been reached with her one-month. In truth, babies grow so fast and each of their developments feel like a milestone to me. Personally, I think I would be embarking on a few milestones of my own with Aunty's departure next week. The first of which would be managing Faith all on my own 24x7 and learning to cope with the usual stuff like getting my own meals fixed, minor household chores done. After which, the next milestone would be learning to bring her out on occasions, either to meet with friends, run errands or just to take a breather from being cooped up in the house.

Before I round off today's blog, Louis, Faith and I would like to thank all our relatives, friends and colleagues who have shown their love and concern for our little family unit since Faith's arrival. Thanks too for many of the great and generous gifts and presents too!

No comments:

The little family

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers