
Today, Faith's stroller arrived, thanks to the generousity of colleagues and friends who have given us gift vouchers for us to buy whatever we like for Faith. We've bought a McClaren stroller after checking out a few other brands. Personally, I feel its a little heavy and cumbersome for me to manuever on my own if I go out. But the pros is that it feels sturdy and if we travel overseas with it, the stroller is fitted with suspension that wouldn't rattle Faith's teeth (or gums for now) on uneven or cobble stone surfaces. We've put Faith in her new stroller and she seemed to be intrigued by it for now.
With a baby, it seems like we're forever contemplating or buying an endless list of items that we think might be useful to either Faith or ourselves. Like yesterday night, we were contemplating buying a cot becos the current bassinet that she sleeps in is a little low. I'm told that its a strain for my back to constantly bend over the bassinet when I change her diapers, clothes or trying to put her to sleep.
As she grows, we've been advised by some friends to contemplate buying a baby carrier that we can use to carry her either in front or piggyback style. This would come in useful for when we are travelling overseas and when the stroller is a little too cumbersome for us to bring.
All I know is that our once minimalistic house is slowly accumulating a number of items, related to use for or with Faith. Thank goodness we have a part-time maid who does the cleaning these days. I know it will drive me crazy to have to clean around all those items in the house. Next thing that we will have to do is to tidy up our storeroom. Currently, its a junkyard for things that we want to keep out of site and rather unkempt. With more things that we need to store, we do need to make space in our storeroom. I know it seems delusional, but at least it allows us to continue to keep/junk non-frequently used items as I hope to maintain minimum items strewn around the house. Hahaha....
On the flip side, we are thankful that one thing we haven't really had to buy is clothes for Faith. With all the gifts that visiting folks have given to us, we have a number of clothes and toys that we are quickly trying to use, especially the newborn clothes.


No comments:
Post a Comment