Thursday, April 05, 2007

The many facets of Faith

Alright... today's posting is not going to be about breastfeeding for a change. I realised that I've been obsessed about it for a while now. My only defence is that feeding constitutes about 1/3 of her key activities on a 24-hourly basis. The other 2 being sleeping and pooping ;)

Faith's most prominent feature seems to be her mouth, based on the number of comments that we've heard whenever people sees her or get a glimpse of her pictures. Louis said that her lips most resemble mine.

Faith has got many facial expressions and pouts which never ceases to amuse us. Whenever she's full, she would purse or pout her lips to prevent us from shoving any further milk into her mouth. Even when sleeping, she never fails to contort her face or mouth into a grimace, smile and some other expressions that I have yet to be able to adequately describe. My favourite is still her smile and she does it while sleeping or even during her feeds. I've never been one that can resist a baby's smile, what more one of my own flesh and blood. Her smile is enough to bring one of my own or a sense of contentment.

Since this week, she's been kicking her legs and flapping her arms even when we swaddle her and there are times when she has loosen the swaddle cloth enough that it even covers half her face. In the end, we have taken to letting one of her arms out so that she doesn't protest and stretch her arms so much as there's a risk that she might be suffocated by the cloth with the amount of kicking she does.

With each day as I get a little more confident about coping with Faith, Louis and I are actually looking forward to the time when she's more aware of her surroundings or when she's older so that we could bring her out and do things together. Until then, we're treasuring every moment that we have with her and also learning how to read her temperament better.

In the meantime, here's more pictures of Faith.

No comments:

The little family

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers