
Faith is nearly coming to a month old. Sometimes, it feels like time has flown. Other times, it feels as if it has been a long journey to reach this one month. As with Chinese customs, we would be celebrating her first month this weekend.
With the coming of her one-month, it also means that the confinement lady would be taking her leave and we would have to be independent to manage Faith all on our own, day and night. Till now, we've only been concerned with feeding and playing with Faith. A lot of the day-to-day care such as night feeds, nappy changes, bathing, cooking of food, laundry etc has been taken charge by Aunty. Even when Faith is cranky, Aunty is the source that we look to to affirm or confirm the reasons for her cries and moods. Hence, Louis and I will have to start to learn the ropes of taking care of her :)

It has been satisfying to see Faith put on weight with feeding. When she was born, her limbs were so thin and scrawny becos she was a low birth-weight baby. After nearly a month of breastfeeding, Louis and I are proud to note that her limbs are more fleshy. While it wouldn't be any fleshy as a normal weight baby, nonetheless, at least we know that she's eating well and putting on weight. I hope she will catch up with her weight soon.

Here's another nice picture of Faith with her father that I like. I've been lamenting to Louis that I don't have a nice picture of myself and Faith so far. Its rather unfair that most of the pictures that I have together with her have either been me looking fat or dowdy. Sigh... I hope to be able to find a chance to take a nice picture of the both of us.


1 comment:
Yo Eve,
Do not worry about not being able to take nice photos. You will have a LIFETIME To take photos of and with Faith...hee : P
I was like you when Anthea was a newborn,worry here and there...non-stop.
Adrian gave me a very good wake-up call, he said, "Dear,you will have a Lifetime to take care and Love her, learn to relax a bit", now Anthea is 5. And i have really learnt a lot.
So i will share this experience with Louis and yourself.
cheers,
astee
Post a Comment