Thursday, May 29, 2008

Faith walks... her first few steps


Finally! After turning up her nose at the idea of walking, Faith just walked her first couple of steps 10 minutes ago!!! YAY!!! I'm so excited and happy :)

Since a couple of weeks back, Faith suddenly decided that she would like to learn to stand on her own two feet -- literally. And so, she practices standing on her own. It started out with her gingerly balancing herself from a sit down position to a half crouch and then a finally, her standing. As the days go, she gets more adept and confident at it. Now, she can stand longer, unassisted.

A few moments ago, as she was standing, I reached out my hands towards her and told her to walk towards me. And she did! Two steps. All on her own. Before she plopped back down onto her tushy. I think she is now ready to learn to walk.

Ooohhhh... isn't it wonderful :)

8 comments:

ML Chai said...

Wow... Gambatie Faith!! soon you'll be running... hehe :) happy for you!

therens said...

Yo cosine!

Faith looks very confident of her moves and she sure has one cheeky smile! Aren't you glad you're there to click your camera to capture every developmental milestone?

Tangent

Aces Family said...

Yippy...so happy for our little Princess..hmm..soon the whole family will have to run after her, like what May said..hee : P

Hmm..i think she know it's GSS time, so good time to shop for a comfy walking shoes..haha.

cheers,
astee

Louis & Eve said...

Thanks May... but maybe Faith shouldn't run so fast yet. Its hard to catch our breathes running after her when she's just crawling :)

Tangent - Yep... I'm sure glad I'm a SAHM esp for moments like this. She's definitely got a very cheeky smile, but not so sure about the confident bit :)

Astee - Hmmm... yah... GSS huh??? That's another reason for me to spend more moolah on her? The good excuse is that things are much cheaper now. Haha...

Princess Arielle said...

Hi Eve,

I am sure you are as excited as Faith is. Enjoy this moments. It will get more fun as she walk and run...

Adele

Mommy Lose Weight said...

your girl is so lovely :)
my girl knew how to walk when she was about 15mths old..so I guess Faith is ready! be prepared to shed some weights. hehe.

therens said...

Hi Cosine

Confidence stems from feeling loved, happiness and encouragement. Faith will grow up to be a happy, self-confident girl.

Enjoy your Phuket trip!

Tangent

Louis & Eve said...

Adele: I know! Looking at your fun-filled pictures on your blog, I'm half-wishing that Faith can run so that it would be more fun when we travel :) You guys seem to be travelling all over the place. Ermm... is Jim really working or he's taken a sabbatical?? ;)

Ling: Thanks for visiting our blog. Hmmm... I wouldn't mind shedding a few more kilos altho I can't say I would enjoy being busier with her walking.

Tangent: Well... Louis & I certainly hope we're doing more rights than wrongs for Faith for now.

The little family

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers