
10 May 2008 - The day the last and youngest of the Tan brothers got hitched, ending 30 years of bachelorhood :)
After all the months of planning and coordination for this BIG day, the actual day actually passes by in a whizz that the night ended before I knew it. For the wedding couple, I'm sure it would have passed even faster than the wink of an eye.
Almost everyone in the family was roped in to help out with the wedding. Adrian was the "Specialist" in charge of the reception and guest list for our side of the family. Thanks to him, the wedding couple managed to save a table last minute as there were last minute drop outs from our side of the family. Indeed, the Specialist takes his responsibilities very seriously and excels at it :)
Louis was also kept busy that night with some of the event logistics and also coordinating the picture taking at the dinner tables. Throughout the evening, he was gone more than half the time helping out :)
Anthea was the flower girl for the evening's first walk-in with the bride and her father. She was so excited about it for months now and on the actual day, she was all made-up with her hair curled into lovely ringlets. She looked every inch the little princess that day, walking in straight and proud and throwing rose petals beautifully down the aisle :)
Anders was the first to hit the wedding couple's bed and roll/jump on it. Base on my limited knowledge, its a symbolic ritual so that the new couple will soon bear a son themselves. But we have given this old custom a modern twist... as soon as Anders jumps onto the bed, Anthea and Faith followed :)
Since she can't quite stand up/walk yet, Faith put her skills developed at the Little Gym to good use. She flipped TWO (2) somersaults on the bed. Hahaha... if Terence's and Cherry's future kids turn out to be gifted in the area of gymnastics, we all know where the kid gets it from ;)
The morning passed by rather quickly. While most in the family were gathered at my MIL's place before 9.30 am to await the arrival of the wedding couple, Louis and I were trying to rouse Faith from her deep sleep at that time. After rushing to feed and change her, we hurried to my in-laws' place for the tea ceremony. Even though my MIL said that I didn't need to go cos she was concerned about me moving around too much with a sprained back, this was one ceremony that I didn't intend to miss.
After all, it would be the first and last time that I would get to be served tea as the 2nd SIL in the family. I reckon that the next time (if we still keep to traditions) that we would be served tea would be when Faith or my nieces and nephew wed. The topmost picture shows Terence and Cherry with us after the tea ceremony.
After all, it would be the first and last time that I would get to be served tea as the 2nd SIL in the family. I reckon that the next time (if we still keep to traditions) that we would be served tea would be when Faith or my nieces and nephew wed. The topmost picture shows Terence and Cherry with us after the tea ceremony.
The picture that you see of Faith is one of her trying to self-feed. I don't know what possessed my half-crazed hubby to let her feed and make a mess of herself on the morning that we are pressed for time. But apparently, we aren't that pressed for time if he even manages to take some pictures too ;)Anyways, to cut the narration short, I'm just going to show and comment on the few pictures that I managed to take. Was so busy throughout the day that I didn't really have much time to take pictures. As for the wedding, my elder SIL has posted a long one on that which you can read here :)
Now, the entire Tan family is nearly complete with Terence & Cherry's wedding until the day they start adding their own kids to the current list of grandchildren :)
In this picture, Faith is doing a mock rocker-like jumping stunt while on her knees when we were in the study room in the morning. Since she isn't able to stand up on her own as yet, this is the closest form of "dancing" that Faith does whenever she's happy or trying to dance along with Barney and gang or Sesame Street :)
Here, I'm with my dad and Faith at the wedding dinner. This was the GAP dress and cardigan that I mixed and matched for Faith. TG Goh, our relative who specialises in bridal make-up and was the make-up artist for all the 3 daughters-in-law of the Tan family asked why didn't I try putting a hairband for Faith. I've tried all sorts of bands and clips to make her look more girlish. Unfortunately, Faith hates them all and invariably pulls them off her head whenever I try to put them on :) Oh well... she'll just have bear with the comments that she looks like a boy until her hair grows longer.
This picture needs no explanation. Took this in between the dinner when Louis managed to sit for a spell at the table to eat some of the food. The last 2 pictures are of Faith and me and the only family shot that we took of ourselves that day. Wasn't the best shot of us 3 together, but beggars can't be choosers ;)Together at the dinner table




No comments:
Post a Comment