Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Girl's daddy

It's been confirmed, or at least, there is a general perception - that Faith has her daddy wrapped around her little finger. In contrast to Faith being Daddy's girl, I'd like to think that I am girl's Daddy.

And I really don't mind because it is wonderful to come home and have Faith crawling towards you, expecting a lift, a hug and kiss.

And how when we wake up on the weekends, Faith "expects" me to carry her up by crawling up to me and stamping her feet on my cross-legs.

And I have this game that I love to play with her - when I carry her around the house or even when we're outside in a mall or something, I like to ask her - "Where should we go?" and she points when she knows or she gets puzzled when she can't make up her mind. Either way, I walk wherever she points - no questions asked.

It's really the joys of fatherhood I'm experiencing and I'm cherishing every minute of this. Because I know when Faith grows up, or so I'm told, such a bond is not something one gets every day. With so many distractions like school, her friends etc , I'm sure I'd miss having Faith's hugs and being commanded around.

In my own self-defense, I'd scold Faith (sometimes with Eve) when she gets into her very naughty moments - stubbornly refusing to drink her water and when she crosses the line of not wanting to sit down when having dinner. And worryingly (or is it part of her growth), such naughty moments are becoming increasingly common as she is now more restless in the day and harder to coax to sleep in the nights.

For sure, Eve has had to deal with most of this given that she is around most of the time, and I think this is when I've become increasingly appreciative of the fact that we have at least one of us around to discipline and guide her into knowing what we as parents expect of her. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

The little family

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers