Saturday, October 28, 2006

Baby is fine!!!

Baby is fine! That's the best piece of news that I wanted to hear this morning when the clinic called me up at 8-ish am.

The answer was worth all the bed-tossing and prayers that I'd sent up the night before, wondering what was the result of the amniocentesis test. In desperation, I called Louis in the middle of the night for some much needed assurance that all would be fine with the test. My prayers must have been answered. In fact, I even had a dream in the waking hours of the morning, showing the test result that baby was fine and I even got a sneak peak at baby's gender, as disclosed in the lab test. Yep! One of the things that the amniocentesis test could show was the gender of baby; whether its a XY or XX chromosome :) Suffice to say that its a knowledge that only Louis and I are privvy to. The rest of you folks would have to wait until delivery to know whether baby's a boy or a girl.

I was surprised by incessant knocks at my main door in the early afternoon. I've actually gotten flower delivery. A box of bright cheery flowers of roses, yellow gerberas and another purplish one of which I do not know the name (see collage for pictures of flowers). The flowers were from Louis and baby to cheer me up for the events of the last few days. And perk me up they did! Was overwhelm by Louis' thoughtfulness and being deliriously happy to receive my "first present" from baby.

1 comment:

Aces Family said...

Hi Eve,

really happy that all's well, rememeber, all these are part and parcels of prenancy...: 0

The family will always be there for you, near or far.

cheers,
astee

The little family

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers