Tuesday, July 22, 2008

On the carousel

There were all sorts of people who sat on the carousel. Children, obviously, rode on it. There were the parents accompanying their young children, teenagers, tattooed punks and even middle age ladies.

Every time Faith and I pass the carousel, we'll linger for a while to watch the people ride the fairy-tale-like ponies. I only saw carousels in my late teens when I travelled to the US for the first time. I've never in my life rode on one. I'd never thought that I would ride one.

Yet I did. Today with Faith.

First time for the both of us.

It was fun in a non-exciting kind of way. Me and my girl, sitting together on the horsey. Round and round we went for 3 and 1/2 minutes of ride. Faith was unfazed by the whole thing...although she seemed to get the hang of it after a while.

I caught a slight smile on her face a few times. And she even lifted her two hands off the pole to hold it up in the air, as if she's enjoying the slight breeze that comes with the up-and-down motion of the horse we were on.

Unfortunately, my camera does not have a wide-angle lens to allow me to capture the 2 of us together with the horse that we rode on. No matter. It was fun! I would do it again with her soon.

No comments:

The little family

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers