Make hay while the sun shines. That's exactly what we did yesterday when the sun was out and everything was so bright and sunny.Now I understand why the Londoners rejoice at whatever brief spells of sunny weather that they get in a year. Or rather, I can understand why London parents do. Its tough to be trapped in the house with an energetic kid on hand.
There was quite a bit of things that we had to do in the day, including getting our clothes laundered. Thankfully, the hotel provides a complimentary laundry room. You only need to get your own washing powder. Unlike most of those commercial or hotel laundromat that you see, this one is actually pretty good. They use what looked top end Miele washing machines and tumblers.
Becos I wanted to bring Faith out for a walk while the weather was good, I decided to try to rush all of Faith's morning routine plus put the clothes to wash and dry at around the same time. Thus, when Faith woke up, I fed her oats, took my shower, changed her and we both headed out for breakfast. After breakfast, I brought our clothes to the laundry at the basement of the hotel to put to wash.
As we had a significant amount of clothes piled up between the 3 of us by then, there were 2 big bags of washing that I had to get to the laundry. Instead of making 2 trips, I got Faith to walk/wobble all the way from our room to the laundry room. She did well walking/wobbling on her own with some bit of encouragement.
After we put the clothes in, I took her back up and gave her a bath. She's enjoying her bath time in the big tube. That seems to be what she looks forward to each day. After her bath, I hurried down with her to transfer the washed clothes to the tumbler.
Satisfied, we both came back up again, fed Faith her mid-morning milk and put her down for a nap. By the time she woke up past 12.30 pm for her lunch, I took her down to collect the washed and dried clothes back up. Again, she had to walk back on her own on the return trip cos I had both my hands full.
By the time she had her lunch and we both washed up a little and head out, it was past 2 pm. Deciding against having my lunch since the weather was just so good too pass up, I took her for a walk towards the direction of the London Eye and the Thames River, since we were just 5 minutes away from them.
It was such a gorgeous and beautiful day that everyone must have felt the same. When we reach the bottom of the London Eye, there was a massive queue of people waiting for their turns to board the observation wheel! Having had our ride on Singapore's own SG Flyer, we weren't hyped up to want to go up the London Eye, especially with the queue.
Nonetheless, its one of London's famous landmark and it was time for us to be touristy and whip out the good 'ole camera for some picture time :) Going pass the crowds at London Eye, you could see the Thames River running. To the left of the London Eye was the Westminster and Big Ben. We both walked along there for a little while.
We turned back towards the direction where we came from and walk the other end. Here, there were lots of buskers plying their trade, amusing, posing and entertaining the largely touristy crowd.
My conclusion after scrutinising him was that he/she must be a pint-size person such that the head probably reach to the shoulders of the tux. Cos the hands and ankles are quite delicate, rather like one of a teenage or a young child.
Coming across a patch of grass plot, I decided to free Faith from the confines of the stroller and let her walk around. She's definitely into walking these days... she wants to walk everywhere. Certainly, she was cheered at being given the freedom of walk around.

We headed back to the room after a while for Faith's afternoon milk and nap. The sun and fresh air did her good cos she slept for a long time. After she woke and had her dinner, the daddy and both of us headed off to Leicester Square for our dinner. Louis and I decided to take the Tube for a few stops towards Satsuma, a Japanese casual dining place that we ate before on our last trip to London.
It was late by the time we reached home after dinner. Faith was as usual, all tuckered out by the day's events.
Without realising it, so was I. The insomnia that I had while back in Singapore seemed to disappear while I'm here. Maybe cos my days are filled with chores and activities from the time I wake up :)


No comments:
Post a Comment