For the past few weeks, I've been trying to get Faith interested in holding and grabbing toys with her hands without much success. Yes, she's able to grip items when you wrap her fingers around them. However, she is not able to comprehend that she's holding something in her fingers nor would she be curious enough to bring her hands up to her face to look at the toys.
So, imagine my surprise last night when she suddenly stared at her hands with fascination. Encouraged, I quickly started giving her her favourite "Mr Sun" rattle and her wrist rattle for her to play with. Thus, my little baby was engrossed with her new found capabilities for some time.
This morning, Faith also managed to flip onto her back while lying on her stomach. I've been giving her tummy time every morning to strengthen her neck. For the past 2 weeks, we've noticed that she would sometimes lean her head on one arm and try to kick her body, as if to flip over. Usually, we would give her a little prod and help turn her over.
This time around, Faith managed to do the little feat all by herself. I've managed to capture her on video. Unfortunately, when my mom came in the afternoon and we tried putting her on her tummy, Faith refused to flip any more and was making noises all the while. Hmmm... if my baby could articulate her thoughts, she probably would be indignant and say: "What? Do you guys think I'm some performing monkey??" ;)
So, imagine my surprise last night when she suddenly stared at her hands with fascination. Encouraged, I quickly started giving her her favourite "Mr Sun" rattle and her wrist rattle for her to play with. Thus, my little baby was engrossed with her new found capabilities for some time.
This morning, Faith also managed to flip onto her back while lying on her stomach. I've been giving her tummy time every morning to strengthen her neck. For the past 2 weeks, we've noticed that she would sometimes lean her head on one arm and try to kick her body, as if to flip over. Usually, we would give her a little prod and help turn her over.
This time around, Faith managed to do the little feat all by herself. I've managed to capture her on video. Unfortunately, when my mom came in the afternoon and we tried putting her on her tummy, Faith refused to flip any more and was making noises all the while. Hmmm... if my baby could articulate her thoughts, she probably would be indignant and say: "What? Do you guys think I'm some performing monkey??" ;)
Nonetheless, as Faith is getting older, she's definitely more articulate about her likes and dislikes. For the last 2 days, she absolutely refused to take much from the bottle (about 50 ml each feeding). I think my mom has given up becos she told me to just breastfeed her from now. She's now gone down to the coffeeshop for a cuppa. Sigh...
Frankly, I don't mind breastfeeding her exclusively. Afterall, I will start her on solids and slowly wean her off when she hits 6 months. However, I only hope that there would be a less tedious way of making her drink her milk in the future... whether its through sippy cups or straw.
Frankly, I don't mind breastfeeding her exclusively. Afterall, I will start her on solids and slowly wean her off when she hits 6 months. However, I only hope that there would be a less tedious way of making her drink her milk in the future... whether its through sippy cups or straw.


4 comments:
Hi Eve, Faith is so adorable! Look at that smile from her as she flipped. Cute!
Congrats to Faith for reaching another milestone!
Diaper changing will never be the same again :P
Yo Eve,
Think next time our family dinners should change to breakfasts becos hor...Faith seldom smile in the evenings... : P
Always a joy to see her smile. : )
Fyi, gripping/flipping/crawling/sitting will come naturally at different months/stages. So don't worry too much.
cheers,
astee
Thanks, Jean :)
Evon: Maybe when she starts to learn how to flip from her back to her front, diapper changing would be difficult :) For now, life is still the norm.
Astee: Aiyah... got to change to lunch, not b'fast... cos Faith sleeps late until about 10 am in the mornings
Post a Comment