Thursday, July 12, 2007

TAG: My 7 Vanity Sense Facts

You Are 32% Vain

Okay, so you're slightly vain from time to time, but you're not superficial at all.
You are realistic. You know that looks matter. You just try to make them matter less.


Alright... I've been tagged by ACES Family on this particular topic. Certainly, this would be a topic that is close to the heart of most women, wouldn't it? I believe that there's a streak of vanity in every woman, its just a matter of the extent you're willing to act upon that vanity streak ;)

Actually, my results did surprise me cos I had thought that my vanity streak would be pretty high. But I guess they reserve such honors for the tai-tais or socialite types who are at the forefront of every fashion trend, dress themselves in haute couture even at home, be found/photographed on the who's-who list at Tatler events and wouldn't blink an eye while flashing their credit cards for purchases at Chanel, Hermes, Ferragamo boutiques and what-have-yous.

My attitude on looks is that "If you look good, you feel good". In that essence, it extends not only to one's dress sense, but personal carriage too. So, here goes the 7 vanity facts about myself:-

1) I never step out of the house nor meet anyone (with the exception of family members, of course) without at least drawing my eyebrows. Just as one's eyes are the windows to your soul, the eyebrows are the windows to your eyes/face. So, its important that "maintain this particular set of windows" :) Ohh... and if I have time and am not too lazy, would curl my eyelashes too. A set of curled lashes always help to highlight the eyes more.

2) To make myself look better, especially in form-fitting clothes, I would suck in my stomach. Hahaha... the only exception was during pregnancy becos, why bother?! You're meant to stick it out for the world to see and so that crowds will part for you *wink*

3) Yes, I'm one of those guilty of catching a covert glimpse at myself whenever I see a mirror or window. How else would you be able to catch if your lipstick has been chewed finished or if you have a piece of vegetable caught in between your teeth??

4) Louis gets reprimanded whenever he loses weight while praised if his scale moves to the right. Why? Was it Odie who likes to stand next to Garfield becos it makes him look slimmer? Whatever. Its the same theory.

5) Never be caught dead carrying a fake LV/Prada/Gucci or whatever bag or wallet. If I can't afford the real thing, I rather go for a cheaper BUT genuine brand.

6) I only exercise in order to lose weight. Unlike Louis who exercises to de-stress and becos it makes him feel less lethargic, exercising has never given me that adrenalin boost. So, if you see me swimming or running, its becos I'm out to lose some cellulite.

7) I know you need to moisturise your body in order to maintain the skin and have it look supple. But I'm too lazy to do that. So, these days, I go for pedicure once a month so that they can scrub and help apply moisturise my legs for me. Won't do much, but I figured once a month is better than none.

Okie dokie... there are some really vain friends that I wanna tag but they don't have a blogsite. So, how about if any of you guys have read this and are willing, do the vanity test and leave a comment on your scores :)

No comments:

The little family

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers