The weather is killing these days! Faith is developing rashes on her inner elbows and parts of her thighs. Actually, I'm not too certain if they are heat rashes or eczema. The eczema from one of her ears has now spread to the other (I think its from the heat when I hold her in my arms while feeding). And her face... geez... she's starting to look like a pimply baby.
Part of the problem stems from her mittens. She likes to suck her hands and with the mittens on, it would be soaked with her saliva in no time, Then, Faith likes to rub her hands all over her face and behind her ears too -- I think she scratches her ears becos its itchy.
So, at the expense of my mom and MIL telling me not to do so for a while longer, I've now taken off her mittens in the day as much as possible. I guess scratches on her face will be part of the learning lesson for her. The only thing to look out for is that she does not scratch or gorge her eyes with her fingers *fingers crossed*


7 comments:
I think it's more likely to be heat rash. The weather lately is a kill. And if both you and louis doesn't have eczema, then likelyhood is low. keep her clean most of the time (bath twice a day) should help but won't totally keep them off tho' ;)
Just a thought... maybe you might want to consider sponging behind her face, neck and behind her ears with lukewarm boiled water (rather than tap water) with a very soft cotton cloth every few hours to keep her cool so she will scratch less... nothing much we can do about the $%&^%*$ heat...
Yeah, its a good idea to sponge her more often. Since y'day, we've decided to give her baths twice a day due to the blistering heat and rub moisturiser after that too.
Jean, I think its eczema instead of heat rash from what I'm reading :( Sigh... nothing much I can do to the face except to keep it clean more often and put moisturiser. With her habit of rubbing her hands all over the fact, that's about all I can do for now
Yo eve
Is she reacting to the moisturizer? Delayed reaction or skin sensitivity? I mean, skip the moisturizer and see if the condition improves?
Hi Eve, have you brought Faith to see doctor?? If it is eczema, doctor will prescribe medication to stop itch... Oh dear, hope it is not too serious. Take care ya.
Hey Jean... the problem as I've found out is that the nurse at the clinic dispensed the wrong medication for Faith. The one that the paedi prescribed had steroid. No wonder there wasn't any effect at all. My poor baby had to endure the effects of the eczema for that long. Sigh...
Sigh.. poor Faith. But I'm glad to know that she has recovered now. Take care ya.
Post a Comment