Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Negative result for stool test and eczema swab

The clinic called back with Faith's results for the stool test and swab taken of her eczema-infected right ear. Verdict was that both results were negative i.e. stool test found no traces of bacterial infection nor allergy reactions to dairy product. Similarly, her eczema was the same too.

While it may be a relief, its not a satisfying answer for me on why there were blood streaks in her stool. Until there are future instances of blood streaks found in her stool, I do not have to abstain from dairy products for now.

Oh well... so, I still don't know why there's blood in her stool??

2 comments:

jean said...

Hi Eve, I am glad to know that the results are good. I recalled that when Grace was an infant then, she also has alot of blood traces in her stool. Not alot just some... but as she slowly grow older, it seemed to disappear totally.

I think it is caused by the tender skin around her anus so when the little one passed out bowel (it may be very soft), it somehow tear a little... no worries, it heal fast too... It will soon be over :)

Take care.

Louis & Eve said...

Thanks Jean. I'm glad too that its so far been a one-off situation. So, keeping my fingers crossed that it continues to be that way.

The little family

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers