No... I'm not out to prove any mathematical equation or show my mathematical prowess (as if such simple addition would make me a Math Olympiad!). Just that Faith has "sprouted" her 2nd tooth, right next to the first one that came up a few days ago.
For a while, I had been feeling her gum with my finger to check if the other would break out when I realised she had one coming out. But I couldn't feel anything until this morning, as I was admiring and checking on her first tooth that I saw another whitish spot to the right of it.
Ahhh... now she has two and I'm secretly glad (not so secret anymore with this post) cos I think she would look cuter with 2 teeth rather than 1. Altogether now, let's chant: "1 tooth good, 2 teeth better! 1 tooth good, 2 teeth better" (to the rhythm of Animal Farm's "2 legs good, 4 legs better") ;)


5 comments:
Yo cosine,
Does Faith get any diarrhoea or rashes that comes with teething? Nic had a major fever when her 2nd tooth popped out and it subsided into body rashes on the 3rd day.
btw, can't help but correct this ... It should be 4 legs good, 2 legs bad... Animal Farm by George Orwell right? 2 legs refers to humans... sorry :p occupational hazard...
Cosine,
I stand corrected about the Animal Farm bit and have corrected it ;)
There's this bit about 2 legs good, 4 legs better.
No... Faith only slept fitfully about 2-3 nights just before the teeth cuts through the gum. Thankfully, no fever or rashes so far.
Hi Cosine
Pardon my incurable occupational disease... it should be 4 legs good, 2 legs BETTER after Napolean (Stalin) took over the reins, kicked out Snowball (Trotsky) and ruled the farm through fear (totalitarian rule) and changed the 7 commandments. His famous edited commandment is "All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others" -- time to read the novel again since the holidays are here...
Cosine,
From what I can remember of my Animal Farm days, there's this part in the book (can't remember if it was at the beginning or the end) where after Napolean was overthrown, the farm animals started singing "2 legs good, 4 legs better).
Then again, I wouldn't trust my memory from that many moons ago ;)
Hi Cosine,
To solve this mystery of which is correct, let me turn to my George Orwell Animal Farm paperback, and yes, at the end of the novel, where Napolean and his cronies started to become more like Man, the sheep bleats "Four Legs Good, Two Legs Better". This is in contradiction to the original "Four legs good, two legs bad" in the front part of the novel where Jones the farmer was overthrown by the animals.
Tad dah...mystery solved. And so you see, your memory is still intact...hee hee
Tangent
Post a Comment