Thank goodness for small favours. After her 2 jabs, Faith was only slightly feverish on the 2nd day. We continued to give her Progessic and by the 3rd day, she has fully recovered.
Unfortunately, my dear daughter has decided to give me some amount of grieve last night. I have absolutely no idea -- could only hazard a few guesses but am not sure really what's the real reason --- but she was up at midnight, 2-ish, 3-ish and 4-ish am. The first 3 times, she more or less went back to sleep after I fed her. But at 4-ish am, she decided that she just wants to wake up and play. I fed her but she remained wide-eyed after a 30 min session of feeding.
Tried to pat her to sleep, but to no avail either. Tired and frustrated, I put her back in her cot and went off to my own room to get a breather. She continued to kick and play around in her cot for a good 15-20 minutes, before she started crying for attention. After nearly 3 hours of struggle, I finally managed to put her to sleep at near to 7 am in the morning.
At 8-ish am, she woke up again. I fed her, then again patted her to sleep, with some slight amount of resistance put up before she went back to dreamland. We both woke up at close to 11 am, with me being blurry-eye and extremely grouchy.
Geez... hope she wouldn't repeat this again tonight. Can't wait for Louis to get back home! My posting today is all over the place, but frankly, I'm really not at my best with interrupted sleep for the last few nights. I don't know what's plaguing my little one. Is it her teething that's bothering her (but she's not crying when awake), or maybe she's ready to be weaned onto solids or just that she's waking up for no reason other than to play? Whatever the reason, I'm zapped.
All the same, here's wishing her a happy 5th month!


4 comments:
Yo Eve,
Sleepless nights are package of Motherhood, every mom will experience this stage & not to frighten you - more to come... : )
Faith is indeed a very unique in her sleep pattern and i believe it will change as she grows.
Important thing is rest as much when she is resting or when your mom is around to help BBsit her. So this will make nightshift less frustrating.
Take care & TGIF.
cheers,
astee
That's what I'm afraid of... I really don't cope well still with lack of sleep *groan*
Maybe Faith is like me. I can't sleep in the day unless I'm sick.
Yeah, but TGIF!
Teething?
Emma has been giving me grief for the past few weeks. Wakes up at 3ish, 4ish and 5ish and refuses to go to sleep no matter what. At least Faith goes back to sleep with you till 11am.
My day starts at 7am when Joshua wakes up. Like you, i can't sleep much during the day, plus my dear princess usually makes do with only about max 2 hrs of nap for the entire day.
My sleep debt is so huge that i no longer can repay it.
Evon,
Oh dear... is it becos Emma's going through growth spurt at nearly 12 mths?
Hmmm... since you can't repay your sleep debt, I guess you have to invest in a good concealer ;)
Post a Comment