For the last 3 weeks, we've been giving Faith expressed breast milk in a bottle in the day. And what a trying period it has been for my mom and I. Not lest the time that she takes to finish her milk (1 hr for 90ml), but the whole effort in trying to feed her as she struggles, screams and occassionally cries is horrifying. In fact, my mom laughingly said (and I'm sure there's some heartfelt truth in it) that she's starting to be scared of feeding times. I can totally empathise with her feelings becos I've on many occasions chickened out and resorted to giving her the breast when it comes time for her feed :)
We've tried different brands of teats and figured that at the end of the day, she still prefers the NUK teats. As a last resort, my mom tried piercing the holes in the teats so that the milk flow would be faster. Today, we noticed that some of the teats seemed to be wearing off. Also, it appears that there is one particular teat in which Faith would drink faster from, albeit, still with her usual amount of disgruntleness.
Hence, I went out to the supermarket to buy new teats to replace the old ones and just in case, I bought one with a larger hole and another silicone teat too. We've tried it on Faith for her late afternoon feed. Definitely, the milk flow is faster and there appears to be slightly less resistance from our little one to drink (although she still takes a long time to drink).
Please!!! I hope the problem is with the teat and that its not bottle rejection. Its been a good 3 weeks now and I fear that my mom and I are both developing a phobia of feeding her at mealtimes!!! Whoever heard of 2 grown ups being fearful of feeding a little babe?


1 comment:
Yo Eve,
Last weekends, when we fed Faith, she seem to be very co-operative and drank quite well, so i think your deduction could be true.
Anyway,fyi, our showroom now sell Avent BB Products, so if you do need Avent Teats, let me know.
Each day is a new discovery, this is Mother aka Parenthood.
cheers,
astee
Post a Comment