Since I've been hankering after some not-so-healthy junk food like chips, I thought it would be a good idea to pair some junk food with health food by making an avocado dip to go along with my organic tortilla chips. That ought to balance things out a little.
So, here's my version of guacamole:
Ingredients
2 ripe avocados
1/4 onion, roughly chopped
Juice from about 1/4 of a lemon juice
1 tomato, diced
Salt, to taste
Method
1) Cut and scope avocado into a blender, along with the onions.
2) Squeeze the lemon juice in, add salt and blitz everything until smooth. If you like, you could pulse the blender so that the avocados don't get too mashed up and you have some rough bits for a different texture.
3) Scope pureed mixture into a container that can be refrigerated. Add in the diced tomato and mix well. Refrigerate it and eat with tortilla chips whenever you like *Slurp* :)
Personally, I don't like the strong taste of raw onions, therefore, I only use 1/4 onion. For onion lovers, you could even add in some chopped onions along with the tomatoes at the end for a nice crunch.
Next week, I think I shall make avocado salad. Hmmm.... Yummy!


2 comments:
Yes, avocados are good 1st food for babies.
Rich in the good fats for brain development.
Yeah, avocados are good for babies and adults too :) I'm going to let her have it 4 days after the intro to rice cereals.
Post a Comment