I'm a bit confused now about Faith. I'm not sure if she's having gastric flu or is her diarrhea attributed to a major bout of teething that she's going through.
Yesterday, she had a record number of diapers changed. We're talking somewhere in the region of more than 10 diapers in the day. She had her usual poops in the morning and there after, it seemed like she had diarrhea every half an hour or so.
I don't mean to be graphic on the blog, but by diarrhea, I meant that she's mainly "discharging" very liquidy, pooped stained diapers, with maybe a few "strings" of poop.
But on Sunday night, after the whole episode at KKH and as we were changing her for her bedtime, I suddenly saw that her left molar on the lower jaw has cut through her gums. And I could also feel bums where the remaining 3 incisors (two on the upper and the right on the lower jaw) around the areas where they are suppose to be coming out.
So, she might be having some major teething activity going on and that might be the reason for her diarrhea and milk strike.
She still squats down when she's pooping these days -- making us think that she might be ready to be toilet-trained -- but I don't see her pulling at her tummy or straining so hard anymore until her face turns red. Neither did she have any further fever apart from the one on Sunday evening. Which is why I'm thinking she might not be having gastric flu.
The other thing is that she's having a great appetite. In between her meals, she would be bugging either my mom, me, or louis (if he's at home), holding our hands and pulling us towards the main table or the kitchen cupboards where she knows where we put her cornflakes, rice crackers and biscuits, and asking us to give her some.
I'm certainly not complaining about the last point. Cos she eats her snacks but still finishes her main meals. So, maybe its the medication that's making her hungry...either that or she's got a bigger appetite now. Either ways, I'm glad. Now, what would make my day is if she would gain more weight! She eats and eats but she's still so tiny and weighs so little :)


No comments:
Post a Comment