Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Chorizo sandwich ala Borough Market


Remember my bountiful purchases from London's Borough Market? Well... I finally put the fresh chorizo sausages that I bought to good use: replicating the chorizo sandwich that we bought from the Spanish store.

Seriously, the only difficult thing about putting this sandwich together is finding the right chorizo. Maybe becos the first chorizo that I ate were the ones from Spain. So, all the other types of chorizo that I find here in Singapore seem to lack in taste and oomph.

I bought some multi-grain ciabatta breads from Delifrance, which I lightly grill on the griddle. I also charred the skin off 2 red bell peppers, which I promptly put in a plastic bag and tied it up, waiting for it to cool before I peel off the skin. Grilled red peppers are really very sweet and juicy.

Just before eating, I heat up the griddle pan, add the cut chorizo onto the pan to sizzle over medium heat on both sides. When done, simply assemble by:

1) Drizzling some olive oil onto the bread
2) Dropping some rocket leaves on top
3) Adding the red bell peppers
4) Adding the grilled chorizo
5) Topping it up with the remaining slice of bread

I accompanied the sandwich with a salad made from the remaining rocket leaves, pear slices, roasted sunflower seeds, and finally, drizzled some balsamic orange syrup (again bought from the Borough) and olive oil.

The hubby said "Yummy!" :)

No comments:

The little family

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers