Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Away

It is strange how as a consultant, I am still "unaccustomed" to travel. Or rather, it is this feeling of being away from family.

Just last week, I had returned from a 2-week stint in reservist. Each day of my reservist, I actually managed to come home, even if only for a few hours. Even though it was a little tiring, I wouldn't have changed anything. Being home makes me feel like everything is okay. It reminds me of why I'm working hard in the day, or why it is okay to endure perhaps not the most pleasant things during an average day. In other words, being with Eve and Faith gives me perspective. That at the end of the day, my life is defined not by my job, or my being a company commander. But by the fact that those are only means which make life better for my family - either through making me grow, or simply by bringing in the dough.

I believe in Fate. And Fate had made it such that my trip to Beijing - originally planned from Sunday has now been pushed to Tuesda, giving me more time to spend with Eve and Faith. As I sit in the airport lounge writing this (with a plate of fresh fruits and bottle of water by my side), I am reminded about how grateful I should actually be. No matter how "tough" this job is, everything is really worth it.

Hoping to be home soon....

No comments:

The little family

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers