Saturday, December 22, 2007

So glad to be home this Xmas

I was driving home a few evenings ago when a thought struck me. I was just so glad that we're home for X'mas this year. I told Eve and she agreed - it's nice to travel but home is still always best. I still remember how last X'mas, we were in London and Paris and how even though we were in the company of very good friends and nice memories of our INSEAD days, we were still in a big way missing home and family during X'mas.

Before writing this, I took a look at our 2006 blog just to re-jog my memories of how we were feeling last X'mas when we were in London, Paris and Fontainebleau. Lots of memories came rushing back to me when I was reading the blog - I remember how we had flown to London from Houston on 23rd of Xmas with Eve expecting Baby 6 1/2 months old. And how we were so happy to meet with Adrian even for a short while and had to da pao food back to our London hotel near Leicester Square. This was something I didn't write in the blog then, but I remember that night sharing with Eve that I was quite sad that in a way, we weren't home for X'mas after spending so long in Houston and away from home, and she shared the same feeling. But still, we wanted to make the best of what we could given that we knew our mobility would change with Baby in tow in 2007. More importantly, if we had gone home, Eve wouldn't have been able to accompany me longer in Houston past the new year. Last X'mas we spent it in London, and we had the most expensive bowl of rice for X'mas lunch in Chinatown (6 pounds). We celebrated my birthday with Manisa and Ajay in their London apartment on X'mas Eve. On Boxing Day, we were busy dodging the crowd on Oxford Street because we were afraid people would bump into Eve. Subsequently, we had taken a train to Paris on 27 December and we went to our favourite La Duree that did not disappoint. We then spent a number of days in Fontainebleau reminising about old days before coming back to London to welcome the New Year with Manisa and Ajay.

When I re-read the blogs, it brought back nice memories of our time last year. At the same time, it reminded me of how I missed home last X'mas being away. And I think it all reinforced my happiness of being home for X'mas. Just today, we spent dinner at Chee Keong's wedding and the we had a chance to sit together as a complete family on my side - it was really nice to see Faith - a new addition to the family with the whole family. What a great way to end 2007 :)

No comments:

The little family

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers