Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Remaining pictures of time in Dubai

I've been bumming around and not blogging much since the return from Dubai. There's no excuse. I'm not busy unpacking nor with the frenzy of doing any Christmas shopping. Speaking of the latter, I ought to get my butt moving to start buying Christmas presents. Somehow, there's less of an impetus to wanna get into the Christmas pressie shopping mood cos I'm at home and not influenced by the loads of shopping bags hauled in by colleagues during this period. Still, what's gotta be done, gotta be done.

There were still some pictures that we took in Dubai that I didn't have the chance to post. Since I'm still in a somewhat lazy mood, instead of blogging, I'm just going to attach the remaining pictures with a few explanations here and there :)

On the 2nd last day in Dubai, Faith came down with running nose. My mood was dampened when Faith falls sick again. Decided not to go out that day, but to get out from the confines of the 4 walls in our hotel room, I brought her out for a walk just outside our hotel. As we were located in the financial district, there really isn't much sight to behold except for more buildings, the highway and of course, more ongoing construction works.

After we returned to our room, we whiled away some time, trying to take a picture of Faith, looking out at the cityline, but unfortunately, with the reflection off the windows, it was hard to take a nice shot of Faith, yet capturing the view outside. Either that or I'm limited by the lack of photography skills.


On Saturday, the day of our departure, we headed out to this place called Medinat Jumeirah after lunch. Its supposed to encompass a hotel, shopping and lots of restaurants and pubs. For lack of time, we only went to past the hotel lobby to get to the Chinese restaurant, Zheng He (supposed to be THE best Chinese restaurant recommended by TimeOut Dubai) and I did a quick shop around the Souk. The whole place resembles a themed hotel in Las Vegas. The draw was that the Burj Al Arab was very very near. From our alfresco table, we could very clearly see the iconic hotel and being touristy, we succumbed to lots of picture snapping.
And finally, more than 2 years after my return from our Morocco trip, I finally got to buy a set of Moroccan tea set and minature tagine. Yay!





No comments:

The little family

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers